Puputan Klungkung Monument is located in the middle of Semarapura City, so it easy to be reached from the side of Denpasar, Besakih and Candi Dasa, because it standing in route of the busy traffic. The location of the Puputan Klungkung Monument very strategic because of being adjacent to Kertha Gosa/the Gili Garden, the Shopping Centre, the Traditional Market and the government Office.
The height of this monument is about 28 metres from the base of tthe monument. The shape of the monumenty is cone called Ligga - Yoni, it located in the middle of the Semarapura city wich was built in the area measuring 123 square metre. This monument name's is the Puputan Klungkung Monument whose anounce officially by Secretary of The Interior at April 28, 1992. All this monument building is made with the black stone, it suitable with the meaning of Hindu philosophy that the war sould be done completely that carried out by best generations of klungkung kingdom together with his people.
The big nation is the nation that could appreciate his hero's services, that is the series of word motifated the regional Regency government of Klungkung to build the Puputan Klungkung Monument in order to recalls and appreciates services of the heroes who fell and was willing to sacrifice his body and soul as well as his property in maintaining and holding the self-esteem from the rape by colonial. The Puputan Klungkung Monument wich is the Memorial from a historic war that happened on Tuesday, April 28, 1908 and in this monument had happened the war to against Dutch Coloniser. The Klungkung people really honored and loved their fatherland, they were supervised by the management of a king who had the power at that time they were killed during war againt the Dutch colonization. Eventhough the territory of Klungkung regency only small area if compare with the Indonesian Archipelago territory, but they could defend their territory and right through Klungkung war.
The Klungkung monument had the cone shape called Lingga and Yoni was established on the area measuring 123 square metre, complete with 4 gazebos on the each corner of the yard. On the ground level of lingga there is a square hall with 4 gateways position in east, west, south and north. The height of the monument is 28 m. Whereas between the building in the ground level and the lingga there is done building with eight sided decorated by 19 painting lotus flower . All those number reflecting the date of Puputan KLungkung War on April 28, 1908, wich is currently commemorated every year. Whereas in the room of the monument completed with the diorama, that depicted the struggle for the people Klungkung with his king.
- Courts of justice, the more famous painted ceiling of the Kerta Gosa has also gone through numerous changes this century. It had to be restored after the devastating earthquake of 1917 and was again repainted during the 1930’s by Pan Sekan, a master artist from nearby village of Kamasan.
- Nyoman Gunarsa Museum, the Museum building is designed with the blend of the Balinese architect Modern. This Museum is displayed by various classic Balinese paintings both from the ancient legacy and art-works from his owner of I Nyoman Gunarsa.
- Kamasan Village is a traditional community of the painting artist. Because of intimate and old of the traditional painting expansion in Kamasan, the artists mention that the paintings in Kamasan has a special style wich is called the traditional Kamasan painting.
- Goa Lawah temple, The temple is known as Bat cave temple and one of tourist's stop for sightseeing to East Bali. The location is on the stop of a hill on the beach. The view of Nusa Penida Island across the sea is a beautiful panorama. The name of Goa Lawah means cave of bats. Where hundreds of hanging bats are never leave the cave, only flying around the area and back again. Beside bats there are snakes which some times sleeping among the cliff on the mouth of the cave.
- Taman Sari Temple, The beauty of this temple can be seen from nine-story and eleven-story temple buildings emerging from a pond. From the decoration style of nine story building temple describe that the building is like the Mountain of Maha Meru based by the giant's turtle wich is sank in the milk ocean.